Dec. 6, 2013 – Concern India had organized an event called ‘Khel Khel Mein’. The venue was Sanas Ground. Nineteen children from Dattawadi center and 6 children from Shivaji Housing center participated. The children assembled in the Dattawadi center at 5.45 am where they were given shoes. These children were then transported to the venue by rickshaw. The children were given T-shirts, their participation number and a colored ribbon as per their age group (red, blue and yellow). Nearly 400 children from 16 organizations participated in this event. All the children were assembled in neat rows and then children from DSS said a prayer to start the function.
Long jump, shot put, 100 meter race, 200 meter race, 400 meter race were the competing events for all the age groups. Events like lemon-spoon, sack race, three-legged race and relay race were also conducted.
- Pranesh Shettee won a Gold medal in 200 meter race, 3 Silver medals in relay race, shot put, and long jump in age group of Under 12, and he also won best athletic trophy.
- Nitin Prajapati won a Silver medal in lemon-spoon, and 2 Gold medals in 100 meter race & long jump in age group of Under 10, and he also won best athletic trophy.
- Shammi won the 2 Bronze medals in long jump & relay, Silver medal in shot-put,
- Kiran won the Silver medal in relay, and Gold medal in long jump.
- Mayur Jadhav won the 2 Silver medals in long jump and 100 meter race.
- Ekta Dalvi won the Silver medal in 200 meter race, Bronze medal in relay.
- Rakesh Sarola won a Gold medal in long jump, Silver medal in relay race.
- Rohit Shirsat won a Silver medal in relay race.
- Sakshi Pardeshi , Nagama Sheikh, Snehal Dhumal, won the 3 Bronze medal in relay.
- Kaustubh Jadhav won the Bronze medal in long jump.
- All together, DSS children won 5 Golds, 11 Silvers and 7 Bronze medals!
Children were also given breakfast, lunch and snacks.
It was really noticeable that all the children assembled at Dattawadi the center in time without anybody having to call them.
*Special thanks goes to Sameer Pasalkar Sport Teacher and Rupesh Mahamuni (Volunteer) helped these children by taking their practice daily in the afternoon and evening.