We have plenty of opportunities if you are interested in volunteering with us. As a volunteer with Door Step School – Pune, you can help in following activities:
* Every Child Counts
– Conducting surveys at Construction sites in order to get details of the children that are not enrolled in schools
– School enrolment
– Conducting follow-ups of children enrolled through ECC campaign
– Events for parents’ awareness (Parents Participation in Child’s Education): Writing scripts and directing street plays and also acting.
* Project Foundation
– Teaching at construction site
– Activities at construction site E.g. arts and craft activities, telling stories with help of pictures, conducting simple science experiments, showing CDs on environment, personal hygiene, sports activities etc.
– School-on-Wheels: teaching and engaging children in various activities inside the bus
– Running library in School-on-Wheels
– Organising events Eg: Republic day, Holi, Diwali, etc.
– Organising events for children, such as quiz, lectures, competitions, art camps, dance shows, etc.
– Taking children out to nearby parks, zoo, bank, factory, etc. for learning and enjoyment. (Need prior planning with DSS teachers)
* Project Grow With Books
– Reading classes in municipal schools
– Working with DSS staff in municipal schools. Distributing extra-reading books to children and helping them improve reading ability.
– Teaching English under the English teaching Program
* Community Learning Centre
– Working with children of 6th to 10th standard to teach them Maths/Science/English.
– Mentoring/ guiding the children in any subjects that they are lagging behind in.
– Helping 11th standard students with English, since it is difficult for them to switch from Marathi medium to English medium
– Activities for students e. g. arts and crafts
– Computer training
– Working in the library and science laboratory
* Parivartan Training Centre
– Training DSS staff e.g. computer training
– Creating training modules/ delivering training to our staff on various topics
– Helping with documentation and office management
– Preparing Teaching material which will be used in site classes e.g. puppets, charts, flash cards, innovative teaching tools, etc.
* Strategic Activities
* Behind the scene activities
– Entering data into excel or software fields, from manual reports
– Preparing reports, planning events, conducting meetings, etc
– Translating reports and information submitted by DSS staff, from Marathi to English.
– Taking photos of various events/ activities and writing articles for blogs/ newsletter
– Designing newsletters, e-mailers, posters, and other promotional material.
Please inform us about your interest in volunteering by filling out our Volunteer Registration Form here.
Volunteering opportunities are available across Pune, Pimpri-Chinchwad, and outer areas.
Feel free to review our Volunteer Guidelines here.
As well you may contact our office for further details.
Door Step School – Pune
110, Anand Park, Aundh
Pune 411 007
Mobile: +91 9766337431/32